The “behind-the-scenes” areas and entire infrastructure are woefully inadequate. Major theatrical road companies bypass the Coronado-and–Rockford–because of insufficient support systems and space.
- Enlarge the stage house, improve stage-level support areas and load-in areas
- Convert original apartments on second and third levels into support areas and dressing rooms to meet requirements of the companies
- Bring infrastructure up to code by replacing outdated electrical, fire protection risers, plumbing and air systems. Other needs such as heating, cooling and emergency power must be added or updated.
- Improve acoustics for Rockford Symphony orchestra performances
- Made the theatre accessible to all
- Restore exterior to original design intent, including marquee
- Restore and maintain original public areas
- Expand lobby, provide public amenities space, concessions, box office, box office lobby and new stairs
- Join us in this exciting venture! This is a wonderful opportunity for you to be a part of a significant community-building project.