Two-Day ROARING-TWENTIES Birthday Bash!
Friday and Saturday, September 29th & 30th
FRIDAY NIGHT – ROARING-TWENTIES PARTY!
Launching the 90th Birthday of the Coronado Theatre to be celebrated year-long. The Coronado Theatre opened in 1927 at the height of the roaring-twenties era.
Friday, September 29th, The Roaring 20’s Party will begin at 7:00 p.m. with a Block Party and celebration in every square inch of the Coronado Theatre.
- LIVE LOCAL MUSIC: Bands and Entertainment will be staggered throughout the Coronado Theatre lobby spaces and mezzanine to guide guests throughout the theatre.
- Screw City Swingers: Swing Acoustic Jazz
- Three Good Men: Eclectic Acoustic Rock
- Tentacles Everywhere: Psychedelic Folk
- Lone Canary: Indie Folk
CULTURE SHOCK VINYL DJ: Playing vinyl records of all artists who have performed at the Coronado Theatre throughout history.
Reserve your ticket at bottom of page. (not required but extremely helpful)
Saturday, September 30th, the free-of-charge FAMILY party continues indoors and outdoors on Main Street from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- FOOD: Fun and Easy Family Refreshments
- FACE PAINTER: Quisha Curtis (Crazy Q) with professional grade face painting to impress your little ones!
- LIVE UP-CLOSE MAGICIAN: Johnny Silver will provide up-close magic and amaze people of all ages, not just the kids! He’s one of a kind. 12:30-3:30pm
- AWARD WINNING DISCOVERY CENTER MUSEUM: The museum will be set up with activity for the kids and adults to enjoy free of charge.
- THEATER TOURS: Tours will continue throughout the theater brought to you by the Land of Lincoln Theatre Organ Society.
- ADMISSION: FREE
Reserve your ticket below! (not required but extremely helpful)
“In all the universe, you can only have The Coronado Experience in one place; that place is Rockford IL.”
Friends of the Coronado Foundation – Executive Director Beth Howard